Thursday, October 23, 2008

Phobia...

Haley has a lot of anxieties and fears. She has never been a good sleeper and has genuinely been awakened by fear several times in her short little life. This last week at school there's been lots of talk about Halloween, and of course, the various monsters that go with it. Two nights ago she started back into her "I'm afraid of monsters so I can't fall asleep in my own room" routine, which we've not seen for a while. I was able to placate her, however. Last night, though her phobia was in full vengence. Kelsee was the one putting her to bed, and when "I won't be able to fall asleep because I'm afraid of monsters" didn't look like it was going to work getting her into our room, Haley became desperate. H: *wailing* Mommy, I'm afraid! K: Of what, Haley? H: I'm afraid of heights! K: Heights? Haley, do you even know what that means? H: *sheepish look* K: Afraid of heights means you are afraid of going up in high places. H: Oh...*resumes wailing* Well, I'm still afraid of it! Oh, that kid... --------- I'm down a half-century from my March 2008 weight. Holding off on the new wardrobe, though. I like the "kid wearing his daddy's clothes" look.

No comments: