So, a quick Haley-ism. We were outside weeding the garden on Tuesday (something I'd not done since we planted it quite a while ago). Anyway, Kelsee was on the phone in the house working on something, Cameron and I were working hard, and Haley was trying her darndest to provide value to our weeding effort. However, it was dirty, hot work and we came face to face with quite a few bugs: ants, spiders, earwigs, rolly-pollies (such a manly phrase; still, "woodlice" is just creepy) and other creepy crawlies. Soon the mosquitoes decided to join the fracas. I was pretty oblivious to them, and Cameron seemed to be ignoring them. But Haley was getting increasingly frustrated with them. Finally, at one point she sighed and said: "I must just be a nabitat for the bugs." I tried not to laugh. "Do you mean habitat?" "Yeah. I must be a habitat for them." What a kid. -------------------- Speaking of my kid and working in my yard, they are just two of a list of many things I love.
Here is a sampling of this list:
- All my other family. Yes, all of them, as hard as that is to believe
- Working in my yard -- planting, weeding, mulching, pruning, watering, enjoying...
- Music -- everything from the hymns we sing in church to hardcore metal to classical to bluegrass to old school rap -- music just gets into my soul
- Laughing -- Funny movies, funny books, funny jokes, funny conversations, funny-looking people, funny laughs -- they all make me laugh, which means that if I could see and hear myself, I'd laugh some more, which would start a vicious, unending cycle... (Get it... I'm funny-looking and have a funny laugh, which means, you know, that I would laugh at myself...oh never mind...)
- Shows about Food
- Jokes about Food
- Pictures of Food (notice the theme)
- Ignoring my cell phone
- Embarassing Cameron
- Mythbusters -- Did you know you can accidently make a bomb out of your water heater? And, no, drinking Diet Coke and eating Mentos at the same time will NOT kill you.
- Thinking about traveling -- A year or two ago and this one would have just been "Traveling", but I can't afford the gas anymore.
- Reading -- Speaking of which, one of my favorite books is "An Incomplete Education". Awesome.
That's it. I have no other loves.
I'm kidding, of course. But I'm pretty sure know one else cares, so I'll spare everyone the complete list.