Saturday, June 14, 2008

World's Worst Blogger award...

goes to me! I promised Jason I'd blog a little with him if he'd set it up but so far, I've been a big dud. I'm not nearly as funny as Jason so who wants to read what I write?! Plus, I get all of my "talking" out on my favorite message board (hey MOFia girls!). But I'll try! Actually, the MOFia (a private message board I've belonged to for eons) is what has prompted me to write today. Thursday night a friend of mine lost her husband suddenly to a massive heart attack. He was close to my age and in good health. My heart is breaking. I'm having a hard time concentrating on other things. It's such a shock. Life has been hard the last many years for our little family. We've dealt with a lot of difficult things but I've always been able to see the silver lining in the dark clouds (sometimes it takes a while but I still see it eventually). Having my young friend lose her husband (and five beautiful, sweet children lose their father) has prompted me to look at all of the blessings I have in my life. Funny that Jason just did a list of things he loved - I was thinking about doing the same thing and was so surprised when I saw his latest blog entry. So, just because I AM so blessed, I'll share some of the happiest things in my life: Jason - He is my rock. I can't imagine my life without him. He makes every day a beautiful day! He makes me laugh all.the.time. He is the sunshine in my life. Even after 13 years he still makes me all swoony! Haley - Was I really happy before Haley was born? I can't imagine how I could have been because she is such a joy to me. She is a funny, spunky, spirited challenge but oh how I love her! My extended family - My family is crazy but I love them so much! We love to hang out together, tease each other and help each other. I'm so glad that I have all of my siblings and their families relatively close. Our lake outings, cookouts, family dinners and playdates are so much fun! Jason's extended family - Who couldn't love an ex-Elvis impersonator? Jason stepdad and mom are so good to us! We love the whole crazy group! Especially, Cameron. He's bringing a lot of interesting things to our lives - discussions about everything from teenage hygiene, dating and girls, acceptable music, the reality of God, anime, animals, strategy games, etc. While it's challenging to incorporate a 15 year old into our lives, he's a great kid and we enjoy having him live with us. Trees - I couldn't post about my blessing unless I posted about my obsession. I LOVE trees. I love being outside. I love hiking and camping. I don't love hot, humid Kentucky summers but I love all of the green trees! :) That's why living in western Washington was so great - we lived in a forest at the base of beautiful mountains. What could be better? Every day felt like a vacation! Kenny - as in Chesney. I love his music. Someday I'm going to be a beach bum in the Caribbean. Just wait and see! MOFia - I love these girls! My church family - We have such a great group of people in our church. Serving, worshipping and playing with them are such joyful things in my life. For the past three years I've been leading our Young Women (12-18 year olds) and I love it. They are such great girls! Books - Reading is my favorite pasttime. I ALWAYS have a book I'm reading. I can't NOT read. Internet - Because I always have an obsessive interest that needs research. LOL The color green - I painted my office a beautiful green color called Bermuda Grass. It's perfect! Bright and cheery. Everytime I look at my walls I smile. It makes me so happy! I wish I could convince Jason to paint the whole house this color. ;) This list will do for now. And I solemnly vow to do a better job blogging.

1 comment:

Company EIGHT said...

I want to read what you write! i would love more blogging from you!!